Blogger Widgets
  • Wednesday, July 4, 2012

    A New Beginning


    I lived day by day,
    Telling myself things will get better.

    My life I tried to end,
    'cause life to me seemed hopeless.

    A new beginning you gave me,
    A second chance at life.

    Dead ends kept following me,
    No matter how hard I tried.

    Every time I tried to die
    That unborn picture came to mind.

    Seeing you suck your tiny thumb,
    Seeing you yawn in my sister's womb,
    Made me realize I need to live.

    I cried in fear, "What should I do?"
    That picture came to mind,
    That picture of you.

    A new beginning you gave to me,
    Now you are here.

    You let me taste the life,
    The life I tried so hard to end.

    Now I share my breath with you,
    And hold dear to the memories we've shared,
    And will continue sharing in the times ahead.

    I thank you now for giving me
    A new beginning - a better life.

    Post Comment

    No comments:

    Post a Comment