Blogger Widgets
  • Thursday, July 19, 2012

    In Hiding


    We talk in whispers,
    your voice a highway to my curves and
    I find your hands to be an unspoken grace,
    fingerprints designed with time bombs and missions
    that rock like lily pads on an unsettled lake.

    I've been considering my body a wetland lately,
    there's a crocodile hunger in my bite and I'm always
    craving for your love, but while my body breathes
    a bed of milkweed I find poison in your touch
    and our tongues double Dutch like we've
    been speaking through laughs of subtlety -

    too scared to be honest but it's your secrets
    that flood my body with a flame and those
    same secrets that create an atlas of ice.

    I'm not sure why we've been hiding - always
    have been dangling toes across maps of time
    and I've been exploring a body no longer mine
    that brought us to the brink of destruction while
    we often ponder what could have ever happened
    to the moonlight in the sky - it's been shaded
    by the clouds for far too long now.

    Post Comment

    No comments:

    Post a Comment