Blogger Widgets
  • Monday, July 30, 2012

    Circadian


    Before the dawn, I always wake up to find
    last night's dreams sleeping beneath my pillow.

    Lights flicker on outside my window
    and I just know I'm meant to be alone.

    Each morning, I stir my cup of coffee,
    diluting it with a cube of sugar.

    I don't know why, but it's become routine.


    Everywhere I look, I see nothing but love;
    unless it is the mirror I look into.
    Everytime I breathe, my lungs drown in bleakness;
    unless it is the ocean I confess to.


    Time slips quietly out the back door -
    like an unfaithful husband leaving me,
    as I hide behind heavy eyelids tonight.

    Into the cold embrace of a star-less night,
    I surrender; wishing for change to come
    or perhaps, just a distant light to wish upon.

    I don't understand why, but it's become routine.

    Post Comment

    No comments:

    Post a Comment