Blogger Widgets
  • Thursday, July 5, 2012

    'Alone! ' I cried



    'Alone! ' I cried again.
    'Alone I am with me!
    Lonely in a world of mist
    Alone, I reach to touch your wrist
    And see if I am thee.’

    To be alone beside a soul
    Afloat, adrift; an empty ghoul
    Alone in woe; the yearning flesh
    To fill a thin, contorted mesh
    Diffuse atop an icy floor, alone.

    So much alone in fact, I lack
    The tonal vibrancy of life:

    I am a song without a tune
    alone;
    A greying sky in June
    alone;

    The blueness of a sullen moon
    – waning in a starless night–
    alone;

    Coasting down a weedy pass
    alone;
    The only image in the glass
    alone;

    To meet a certain heavy fate
    – to turn and shut the knurly gate–

    …alone.

    Post Comment

    No comments:

    Post a Comment